There are many factors that cause hair loss such as genetics, aging, hormonal imbalance and DHT. Were you aware that there are a lot of different medications on the market that are extremely helpful for diseases and health conditions, but may cause hair loss?
There are dozens of helpful medications on the market that unfortunately have the side effect of hair loss. Today, we are going to take a look at several of those different kinds of medications that can cause hair loss. We are also going to take a look at ways to prevent losing hair while taking these medications.
As unfortunate as it is, with any medication you are going to have certain negative side effects that are going to be a byproduct of taking that medication. With certain medications, that results in a certain degree of hair loss.
Here is a list of some of the different kinds of medications that can cause hair loss.
– Medications for Gout: Allopurinol is a medication that is used to treat gout, which is a form of arthritis. Zyloprim and Lopurin have been known to cause hair loss
– Beta Blockers: Beta blockers have been known to cause telogen effluvium, which is a form of hair loss.
– Blood thinners: Blood thinners can contain certain elements that can cause you to lose area in certain areas on your head, or around your entire scalp.
– Vitamin A: Taking an excess of vitamin A or any medication that may contain vitamin A is also associated with telogen effluvium.
– Angiotensin: These types of medication help regulate your blood pressure, and some of the most common ones on the market have been known to cause hair loss.
– Female Hormones: Birth control medications and female hormone treatments can also cause hair loss and even female pattern baldness.
– Male Hormones: Men who take testosterone or anabolic steroids can experience early hair loss and male pattern baldness.
– Certain Antidepressants: There are many different, common antidepressants that have been known to cause hair loss.
– Anti-seizure medications: Some medications that help prevent and manage seizures can cause hair loss.
The short answer is yes. However, you are going to need some of the proper treatment methods and ingredients that you can use to successfully promote hair growth. One of the primary ingredients that you can use to promote healthy hair growth and keep your hair is by using keratin.
Keratin is a valuable protein in the body that helps hair grow. It also helps repair the damage that has been done to existing hair. The main characteristics of your hair that keratin helps with is that it gives your hair greater strength and elasticity. Making sure that you get an adequate amount of keratin in your daily diet. It can help your hair to grow and repair.
Related: How to Use Keratin for Hair Growth
Getting plenty of the right vitamins and proteins in your body is the best way to reduce hair loss when taking medication. Keratin is a protein that is produced naturally within the body, but you can also get keratin through a number of outside sources to help your hair to grow. For healthy hair growth, we recommend that you get 10 to 35 percent of your daily calories from protein.
Keratin is a protein, but a protein that you don’t actually find in your foods. One of the best ways that you can help your body produce keratin naturally is by consuming certain vitamins and minerals, which are known to help promote hair growth. These vitamins will also help your body produce keratin, so that you can better grow and repair your hair follicles.
Here are some of the most critical vitamins for hair growth and some of the most common food sources that you can get them from.
– Vitamin A: This is another valuable vitamin that helps your body synthesize keratin. Foods that are dense in vitamin A include potatoes, pumpkin, squash, spinach, kale, carrots and most vegetables that are orange in color.
– Biotin: Biotin is a vitamin that assists the body in using amino acids to synthesize proteins like keratin. Some of the best food sources for biotin are nuts, beans, mushrooms, cauliflower and whole grains. Learn more about taking biotin for hair growth.
– Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for our immune system. It is also important for the production of collagen, which is critical for the health of your hair. Lemons, limes, grapefruit, oranges, and broccoli are all fortified sources of keratin.
– Vitamin E: This is the vitamin that helps repair damaged hair follicles. Sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts and most fish are packed with Vitamin E.
Learn more about foods that support hair growth.
Hair loss from medication can be stressful. However, there are plenty of effective ways that you can keep your hair happy and healthy. Having a healthy diet stocked with vitamins that promote hair growth and repair is a great start. You can even take a keratin supplement to help promote hair growth.